On Washington State Ferries:  Routes from Seattle  - From downtown Seattle, take the  Bainbridge Island ferry or from north Seattle, take the Edmonds to Kingston ferry.  There is also a ferry from Coupeville on Whidbey Island  to Port Townsend (make reservations on this ferry).   or call 888-808-7977 

From Tacoma:  Drive across the Tacoma Narrows Bridge and continue North on Route 16 through Gig Harbor and Port Orchard. Turn onto Hwy. 3 South of Bremerton; continue until you reach the Hood Canal Bridge and follow Hwy. 104 to Hwy. 101.  

From Olympia and points South:  West on Hwy. 8 at Olympia, then North toward Shelton along Hwy. 101.  

Approximate Travel Times:

Seattle to Port Angeles (including ferry)  2.5 - 3 hrs.

Port Townsend to Sequim              40 minutes

Sequim to Port Angeles                  20 minutes

Shelton to Port Angeles                  2 hours

Port Angeles to Forks                     1 hour

Port Angeles to Hoh Rain Forest    2 hours

Port Angeles to Lake Quilnault        2.5 hours

Seattle to Shelton                            2 hours




Local Public Transportation Companies

Clallam Transit: Port Angeles and surrounding areas 360-452-4511 | 800-858-3747 |

Jefferson Transit: Port Townsend and surrounding areas 360-385-4777 | 800-562-9730 |

Mason Transit: Mason County and surrounding areas 360-427-5033  (800-374-3747)


Olympic Bus Lines: Fare and schedule information: 800-457-4492 | 360-417-0700.  Located at 111 East Front St., Port Angeles - Olympic Bus Line provides twice daily service from the Olympic Peninsula picking up in Port Angeles, Sequim, Port Townsend, Discovery Bay, Kingston (eastbound only) and Edmonds (westbound only)  TO Seattle Greyhound, Seattle Amtrak, Seattle Hospitals, and SEATAC International Airport.    

Rocket Transportation: Door to door AIRPORT SHUTTLE service by reservation to and from SeaTac for Clallam and Jefferson Counties. With service available to Hospitals and Hotels in Seattle, Tacoma, Bremerton (limited service), Silverdale (limited service) and Cruise Ships. For scheduling information please call 1.877.697.6258. We accept Visa and Mastercard. Private car and Charter service is also available 24/7 by reservation.

Reggie's Limousine: 360-457-3706

All Points Charters and Tours: Provides trailhead, shuttle service for Olympic National Park and winter shuttle service to Hurricane Ridge.  360-460-7131 or 360-565-1169.



 Kenmore Air: 800-543-9595 | 

Alaska Air partner Kenmore Air Express offers charter flights. Reservations at or

Rite Bros Airlines: 800-430-7483 | 
Charter flights from Port Angeles, scenic flights, pilot supplies, oil and fuel.

Goodwin Aviation:  On demand air taxi service from Jefferson County International Airport.  360-531-1727

William R. Fairchild International Airport: Port Angeles and Sekiu Airports 360- 417-3433 |

Olympic Air: Charters and scenic flights from Sanderson Field in Shelton 360-426-1477 or 800-864-4377



Puget Sound Express is the officical passenger ferry route between San Juan Island and the Olympic Peninsula (Port Townsend.  Daily departures June-September.  Visit  360-385-5288


Blackball Ferry / MV Coho: 360-457-4491 Port Angeles | 250-386-2202 Victoria, B.C. Vehicle and passenger ferry between Port Angeles and Victoria, B.C. Canada.


Entrance into Canada:

Expect delays on weekends and holidays.

Idenification Requirement for border crossing - depending on your citizenship, one of the following is needed:

For U.S. citizens — Enhanced Drivers License or a Passport.Carry identification to establish your citizenship. You do NOT require a visa. Permanent residents of the U.S. should also bring their "Green Card." If you are a naturalized U.S. citizen, you should carry your naturalization certificate.

U.S. Temporary Residents — Anyone who carries a Temporary Resident Card, Form 1-688, or Employment Authorization Card, 1-688A or 1-688B) must carry their passport and may also require a visa depending on their country of citizenship.

Minors (under 16) traveling alone or in someone else's custody must present written authorization, signed before a notary, from the parent(s) or guardian.

Canadian immigration officials at ports of entry will issue persons planning to stay longer than 180 days a visitor's record.

Anyone with a criminal record (including a DWI charge) should contact the Canadian Embassy or nearest Consulate General before travel.

U.S. citizens entering Canada from a third country must have a valid passport.

For student or business travel, check with the Canadian Embassy, 501 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20001 (202/682-1740) or nearest Consulate General: CA (213/346-2701), MI (313/567-2085), NY (212/596-1700 or 716/858-9501), or WA (206/443-1375).


U.S. Customs: 206-553-4678; 206-553-4676 (message only)

Canadian Customs: 604-535-9754

Pets are allowed into the main cabin as well as the solarium deck on.


Tips for Ferry Travel:

  • Avoid the summer weekend/holiday rush.
  • Arrive at the terminal at least one to two hours before scheduled sailing time.
  • Whenever possible, use local transportation and leave your car behind; foot passengers and cyclists don't have to wait for the next ferry!
  • Bring a jacket. Outside decks offer a refreshing ride, but they can get breezy.
  • Eat on board. Enjoy specialty beverages, light meals and snacks in the ferry cafe, or bring your own picnic.
  • There is no smoking allowed anywhere on the ferry, including outside.



Download the transit guide